Monday, September 27, 2010

I guess it's Fall...

I think that it's officially fall when you can buy pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks- regardless of the weather. I also think that Summer went by way too fast.

I'm not sure if my blog has an identity yet. I'm torn between just putting up recipes or craft ideas, making jokes about being a mom, and being totally honest and realistic about life as a whole.

When thinking back to what I wanted for the summer- hours of hiking, a toddler who eats like a champ, and this amazingly awesome relationship with my husband- I can't help but be a tad bit disappointed.

After my post on hiking- Barrett stopped enjoying them. We never really made it up to the mountains this summer. We went camping a couple of times- but not enough to really count.

A little while after I told the world about my idea's on how to get my child to eat- I pretty much gave up. I still pay attention more than I used to- but I'm at a loss on how to get him to eat. It's not worth the battle (or the countless hours talking about it to friends and family). At this point when people ask- I respond with "whatever- he's growing fine" and that's really how I feel.

My garden never really grew and the front yard is a forest of weeds taller than my son.

Joe ended up traveling only twice this summer- one three week trip and another two week trip that we tagged along for. That trip to MD was pretty awesome I have to say. The rest of the time was spent waiting for him to get home for dinner and than watching Daily Show and Colbert Report before bed.

Really good things did happen this summer- we got to see both sides of the family! Joe found a job he loves. We made it through the first 11 weeks of being pregnant with baby Jones #2. Barrett is grouping words together in sentence like forms which really helps with figuring out what his deal is. (Don't laugh! You moms know what I'm talking about :) )

This fall- Joe is traveling more, Barrett is growing into a little man, and when I'm not passed out on the couch I'm going to try to get my craft on. My marriage is like many others I can only assume- really incredible at times, not so much at others.

Anyway, this is probably more of a "this is how life is" post- but as realist- that's about all I can give you. As an aspiring optimist I can say that this fall will hopefully prove to be an adventure.

So I'll be sure to keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. in contrast, my summer wrap up post feels really fake.....you are real and i love it. i can't wait to see what fall holds either...hopefully we can share a pumpkin spice latte together :)

    ReplyDelete